Saturday, October 08, 2005

Drenched


During the Cannonball Run Half-Marathon this morning, I ran past a guy building an ark and saw animals lining up in pairs. About 10 minutes before the start of the race, the heavens opened and it rained for the entire 13.1 miles. I slogged my way through though, and could feel water squishing between my toes in my water-logged shoes at times.

I finished in 2 hours, 13 minutes, and 50 seconds. I came in 276th place overall out of 362 runners and 28th out of 29 in my age group. For complete results click here. That's roughly the time I figured I'd have today since I wasn't running for a time goal and was doing the race primarily as a tune-up for my first marathon in January. Now the reality of running twice the distance of what I ran this morning is starting to set in.

2 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Blogger Adam said...

yeah! congrats, bro! i was wondering whether or not they'd cancel your race due to the weather. we were near wilmington this weekend @ the beach... tons-o rain!

 
At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's funny because my husband's name is the same as yours, only Chad Austin is his first and middle name, last name is Durham. I was just browsing blogger and found a girl named Chandi, an uncommon name, but I have a daughter named Chandi. Now here I am finding someone with the same name as my hubby. Just wanted to shout out a big hello to another Chad Austin!
Mindi Durham
New Mexico

 

Post a Comment

<< Home