Saturday, September 10, 2005

Running Calendar

Like my good friend Adam, I logged a seven mile run today as part of training for an upcoming half-marathon. Adam and his wife Kim are training for the Baltimore Half-Marathon on Oct. 15 while I'm getting ready for the Cannonball Run Half-Marathon in Greensboro, N.C., on Oct. 8. I'm using that race as a staging ground for my first full marathon attempt.

When I started this blog, I announced that I was going to make a go at this year's Country Music Marathon in Nashville, Tenn. That was before some tendinitis in my knee limited my training and relegated me to doing the half. I had hoped to run this year's Chicago Marathon, but those plans were altered when I had to stop running altogether and take some physical therapy over the summer for the aforementioned tendinitis.

Now that I've been cleared to run again, I've set my sights on my goal of completing my first marathon, having registered for the Walt Disney World Marathon in Orlando, Fla., on Jan. 8, 2006.

1 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

excellent, chad! you ought to just keep up the regiment and swing by balt/dc the following weekend and run the half with us! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home