Friday, September 02, 2005

Conserving Fuel, Saving Money, Helping the Environment

In response to the spike in gas prices related to Hurricane Katrina, I've decided to start biking to work on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I made the first trek this morning. Granted I don't live far from my office (just over two miles), but every little bit helps. As my friend Trey likes to say, "little is big."

I would try to bike every day but since I drive about a half an hour to Wake Forest for evening classes at
Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary on Tuesday and Thursdays, it won't be feasible to bike on those days. But I am going to try to bike to places other than work when I can. This afternoon I plan to bike to my barber for a haircut. I may even start biking to church on Sundays.


In addition to conserving fuel, saving money and helping the environment, I'm also hopeful that riding regularly will whip me into better shape.

1 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Blogger Chris Knight said...

Hey Chad, we're going to combined morning/evening services starting this Sunday at church. Reason given was that many people come to northwest Greensboro from as far away as Thomasville and this is going to save them a lot of gas. As our pastor noted the other day "there's no rule saying we have to have *two* services on Sundays". And sounds like this is going to change a few other things so far as format goes in the near future.

Might also be worth mentioning that Guilford County Schools is seriously looking at going to four-day a week schedule to cope with the gas crisis and there is already talk of Rockingham County doing the same.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home