Thursday, May 19, 2005

Complete, the Star Wars Saga Is


A short while ago at a theater relatively close by to here, I saw the midnight premiere of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. My initial reaction is that it's easily the best film of the prequel trilogy, but, in my mind, it still doesn't compare with the original trilogy. Of course, everyone knows that Anakin Skywalker becomes Darth Vader, but seeing how and why twisted by the Dark Side he becomes is what made the movie for me. I won't spoil anything for those who haven't seen it except to say if you love lightsaber duels, you'll love Revenge of the Sith. After you see Sith, please leave a comment and let me know what you thought of it.

I will tip my hat to the staff at Brier Creek theater here in Raleigh for arranging a slew of fun activities to get everyone in the Star Wars mood well before the show began. A group from the Carolina 501st, a local group of Star Wars costume enthusiasts, came dressed as all the main characters.....Vader, Storm Troopers, Obi Wan, Leia, and Boba and Jango Fett to name a few. I had my picture taken with several of the "stars" who joined us from the galaxy far, far away, so be on the lookout for those in a future post. I also witnessed several lightsaber duels break out in the lobby between jedi younglings brought by mom and dad.


SITH UPDATE: I MADE THE NEWS....SORT OF When I went to get a popcorn and drink refill just before the movie started last night, the WRAL news was filming a live shot for their 11 p.m. news broadcast. At the beginning of this clip, you can see me enter the screen from the left and walk behind the assembled cast of Star Wars characters. I'm wearing a tannish colored shirt. Look closely, and see me you will.

5 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Blogger Chris Knight said...

"Overwhelming" doesn't begin to describe it.

Chad, did you cry too? 'Cuz I sure as heck did.

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Chris Knight said...

Hey Chad, what was up with Tarkin man? Did he look like a walking corpse or what? We were laughing at that one after the movie :-)

 
At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're on TV!

 
At 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bro. I saw the clip of you walking behind the costume enthusiasts. You should have done something crazy. Make yourself more noticeable. Once again, I am sorry that I didn't get to make it the opening night viewing of Ep. III with you. I can't say how much that hurts me. I know you were looking forward to it, and so was I. I wish I could have been there. I still have yet to see it. Maybe I can go in a couple of days, and we can chat about it some. Don't know if I will cry over it being the last one, but even without watching, I am saddened. I will talk to you soon. Love ya, bro.

p.s. "I am a stormtrooper." "You are a huge nerd."

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Chris Knight said...

No Brad, you are actually pretty cool.

***I*** am a huge nerd!!! No scratch that: I am a huge GEEK!! :-P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home