Saturday, April 09, 2005

The Spoils of Victory

Roy Williams, Sean May Nothing boosts economic development in a college town like a national championship. North Carolina is receiving a big financial windfall from the Tar Heels' NCAA title, judging by the brisk business that all the stores along Franklin Street were doing today. I ventured back to Chapel Hill today and contributed my fair share to the coffers, paying $140.60 for assorted championship paraphanalia. Of the mountains of T-shirts to choose from, I opted for the official locker room T and cap, being sported by Final Four MVP Sean May above, as well as a shirt that proudly proclaims "I was on Franklin Street" on April 4, 2005.

1 Comments:

At 6:52 AM, Blogger Darth Larry said...

Chad,

Chris Knight wanted me to give you a heads up. He's in Indy right now for Celebration III and giving me updates to put on my blog: http://darthlarry.blogspot.com

Sounds like a crazy time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home