Thursday, May 26, 2005

My Theatrical Debut

OK, I've kept this secret long enough. But I actually "starred" in a movie that my Star Wars obsessesed friend Chris created. The title of the film is "Forcery," and it's a spoof of the big screen adaptation of Stephen King's Misery" with a Star Wars twist. Instead of a best-selling novelist being "cared for" by his "No. 1 fan" after a near fatal car crash, this time it's George Lucas (played by yours truly) being "cared for" by his "No. 1 fan."

The witty screenplay was written entirely by Chris, who has imagination that runs wild. Growing up, Chris claims he told me that if he ever made a movie, he'd get me to be in it. I never thought he was serious, but he kept nagging me to play George Lucas for about six months until I reluctantly agreed. I knew Chris had grand plans of posting "Forcery" on the Internet, and since I'm not comfortable being in the limelight, I was hestitant to be a part of this. But after seeing how much this meant to my old Jedi friend, I agreed to help him out and the whole experience was fun and comical at the same time. Who knows? Maybe this will be my big break, and I can secure a major film deal...somehow I think not.

If you want to see the film, click here. Chris has uploaded the final version in several different-sized Quicktime files to suit virtually anyone's downloading needs. If you watch "Misery" and then "Forcery," I think you'll be amuzed at how closely the plots and the dialogue mirror one another. Inserting George Lucas into the James Caan role from "Misery" turned out to be such a natural fit, I'm surprised no one had ever thought of it before.

4 Comments:

At 10:00 PM, Blogger Chris Knight said...

And Chad deserves a special Academy Award(tm) for all the makeup, prosthetics, stunts, story-inflicted injuries, and crazy locales that we wound up dragging him into! Seriously man, you were always the primo choice to play George Lucas and I'm really proud and honored that you got to do this for "Forcery" and help me see this dream come true. I hope you'll be out of your bodycast soon 'cuz I got a few more ideas for some movies, hee-hee-hee :-)

 
At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't download the flick for some reason...

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Chris Knight said...

Make sure you're hitting the link called "Download", there's four of them. "Forcery" should be getting MUCH better hosting soon, in addition to a few minor things "tweaked" that should greatly improve the quality of the film.

 
At 11:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were great as George Lucas! He should hire you to be his body double, or something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home