Saturday, September 17, 2005

Mile Marker 400

My eight mile run this evening put me over the 400-mile mark for the year. So far this year I've logged 403.5 miles in 2 days, 20 hours, 49 minutes and 26 seconds. A couple of notes about today's run....

1. Running is better with music. Although I've had it for about four months, today was the first time I ran with my MP3 player. (I'm open for any songs you might think would be good on a running playlist, so if you have any suggestions leave them in the comments.)

2. I brake for snakes. My route today took me a couple laps on a wooded, paved trail around Lake Johnson. Near the end of my run I came upon what looked like a copperhead or maybe a cotton mouth slithering his way across the trail. (All I know is it wasn't a black snake). Rather than try to run by him, I decided to jog in place while he finished crossing the trail. Like Indiana Jones said, "Snakes! Why did it have to be snakes/"

2 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Blogger Chris Knight said...

"Asps. Very dangerous. YOU go first!"

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Adam said...

congrats on the 400 mile-marker, bro! WOOHOO!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home