Saturday, June 03, 2006

Run the Quay Race Report

Off and on rain didn't put a damper on my run in this morning's Run the Quay 5k in Fuquay Varina, N.C. My goal going into the race was to set a new personal best 5k time, and I eclipsed my previous personal best in the 5k by 2 minutes, 17 seconds. I finished today's race in 24 minutes, 8 seconds, which placed me eighth out of 27 in my age group.

This morning's race also helped shake me out of a week's worth of complaceny. My training and diet weren't so good this past week, but I felt some extra motivation after the race. I'm thinking I need to mix some local 5k and 10k races every so often into my training to keep a target out there and keep my training fresh.

1 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Blogger TriDaddy said...

great job on the PR! and a solid finish, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home