Friday, May 19, 2006

National Bike to Work Day

May is bike month, and today is National Bike to Work Day. So I celebrated by biking to work this morning, which I hope to do more of now that the weather is warmer. And since my trusty cycle computer which tracks distance, speed, cadence, etc., tells me that my commute is only 2.59 miles, there's really no reason why I shouldn't bike to work more.

Besides living closeby, there are other benefits as well. Since I'm now training for a triathlon I need to bike more because biking is my weakest discipline. When I bike, I'll also save on gas...granted it won't be a lot but every little bit helps when gas is close to $3 a gallon. Plus, I'll be doing my part to help the environment. Above all though, it's free exercise. After all, I 've got to get to work somehow.

2 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Blogger TriDaddy said...

That's cool to live so close to work. What triathlon ae you training for?

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Chad said...

Training for the Mission Man Tri in Burlington at the end of July, which will be my first "try" at a tri.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home