Friday, March 17, 2006

Tourney Pool Update No. 1

After day one of the NCAA Tournament, I'm tied for second place in my office pool. More importantly, however, I'm ahead of the Magic 8-ball who is tied for fifth out of the 10 participants in our pool.

The 8-ball's pick of Southern over Duke
didn't come to pass, but the game was close well into the second half. My upset pick of Winthrop over Tennessee didn't pan out either, but the Volunteers won on a late basket by Dane Bradshaw.

My day one picks record was 13-16, correctly picking Duke, George Washington, LSU, Indiana, Gonzaga, Alabama, UCLA, Washington, Illinois, Wichita State, Boston College, Wisconsin-Milwaukee and Forida to win their openers. I missed on Winthrop, Syracuse (lost to Texas A&M) and Nevada (lost to Montana).

The 8-Ball's day one record was 11-5, correctly forecasting wins for George Washington, Texas A&M, LSU, Gonzaga, UCLA, Washington, Wichita State, Tennessee, Boston College, Wisconsin-Milwaukee and Florida. The 8-Ball missed on Southern, San Diego State (lost to Indiana), Marquette (lost to Alabama), Air Force (lost to Illinois) and Nevada.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home