Thursday, March 02, 2006

Trying a Tri

For the past year and a half or so, I've been toying with the idea of participating in a triathlon. I love to run, I was a swimmer back in high school and still swim on occassion for cross training, and I bike some here and there. The thought of combining all three disciplines in one event has long appealed to me, and now I've decided to give a triathlon a try.

I dropped my registration for the Mission Man Triathlon in the mail today. The Mission Man Traithlon is a sprint distance, consisting of a 750 meter swim, 15 mile bike and a 5K run. It's scheduled for Saturday, July 29 at Lake Cammack Park in Burlington, N.C.

I don't really know what I'm getting myself into, but fellow blogger, veteran triathlete and former Mission Man finisher Tri-Daddy was kind enough to offer me some encouragement and helpful advice to get me started when I emailed him out of the blue. Thanks Tri-Daddy, and I enjoy your blog.

3 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Blogger Adam said...

you go, man. sweet.

kim had done a couple-o sprints in the past. there's an olympian tri in our area (between a sprint and official tri distances). when you're ready for it, let us know!

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Chad said...

Adam: Didn't know you had done a traithlon. If you got any tips for me, I'm all ears.

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Runner Girl FL said...

Nice Blog!! I read about your recent Marathon. Congratulations. I ran my first 5K and it sounds like that is how these things start. I hope I can someday do the same. Good luck on your first Tri.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home