Thursday, November 24, 2005

Gallop and Gorge


What an appropriate name for a Thanksgiving Day road race! Since I was scheduled to do a 5-miler in my marathon training plan today, I figured why not run in the Gallop and Gorge 8K, which is just a hair shy of 5 miles. (About 4.97 if you want to get technical.)

I felt pretty good about the run, finishing in 46 minutes, 52 seconds, which works out to about a 9:25-minute mile average. That's better than what my training runs have been at a similar distance. My overall place was 403 out of 593. (For complete results, click here.)

It's a good thing I ran this morning though because after I galloped I certainly gorged this evening at Thanksgiving Dinner. So after laying on turkey, ham and all the trimmings, more galloping is in my future this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home