Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Marathon Bug


After finishing your first marathon, one of two thoughts enter your head...."I'm never doing this again," or "When's the next one?"

Well, following my run at the Disney Marathon in January, I've definitely caught the marathon bug. After taking a week off, I resumed my training regimen and have set my sights on the Country Music Marathon in Nashville, Tenn. at the end of April as my next go at 26.2 miles.

After Nashville, I plan on doing some shorter, local events over the summer and then do another marathon in the fall. The fall marathons I'm considering include Baltimore, the Marine Corps, Richmond, the Outer Banks or Atlanta. If all goes well, I'm already looking ahead to possibly doing the P.F. Chang's Rock 'n' Roll Marathon in Arizona in Janurary '07.

In my running travels I've met some individuals whose goal is to run a marathon in all 50 states. That idea sounded appealing to me, and I've decided that's something I'd like to accomplish in my lifetime. I love to run, and I love to travel, so why not do both at the same time? Besides, another one of my lifetime goals is to visit all 50 states, anyway.

There are two national running clubs whose members either have already completed the 50 state circuit or are on their way. They are the 50 States Marathon Club and the 50 States and D.C. Marathon Group. Well, if I plan on doing 50 marathons, one more can't hurt. Sign me up for the 50 States and D.C.

2 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Blogger Adam said...

do the baltimore or marine corps... you can stay for free w/ us!

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Chad said...

Adam: My class schedule next semester will dictate which one of the fall marathons I do. I would love to do Baltimore or D.C., and had thought of seeing if I could crash with you. If I do one of those, you guys should run with me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home