Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Negative Split

Ran eight miles this morning on my midweek intermediate run and for the first time in my running career I ran a negative split, meaning the second half of my run was faster than the first. My overall time was 1 hour, 19 minutes and 22 seconds. I did the first four miles in 40 minutes, 39 seconds and the last four in 38 minutes, 42 seconds.

On another note, this morning's run afforded me the chance to bask in the glory of God's marvelous creation. When I started my run at 5:20 this morning, I did so in the light of bright, full moon. By the time I finished, the morning sun was coming up over the horizon in an orange and purple sky. Truly spectacular and breathtaking.

1 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Blogger Runner Girl FL said...

Congratulations on both the significant improvement and the negative split!! I keep track of time and distance on almost every run too but I never figure out my "pace" except to compare. I think it will help to look at changes through the seasons of the year. Here in FL I expect to run slower in the summer when there is 99% humidity and I need to figure out how to grow gills. hehe

I'm glad to see I am not the only one who keeps track just too look at in 6 mos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home