Saturday, January 22, 2005

Bravin' the Cold

I couldn't stand running 47 laps around an indoor track like I have done twice already this week, so I ran my seven miles outside today despite the cold weather. Since starting this marathon training regimen, I've been blessed with incredible running weather. I was especially spoiled by the two weeks of spring-like temperatures we had earlier this month. So far the coldest it's been when I've been out running was in the mid-30s. Today, the good folks at The Weather Channel reported a temperature of 28 with a wind chill of 22 when I went out at 10 this morning. Last week, I wrote about how running in the rain adds a little extra motivation to push through the run because you're not only going up against the terrain, you're going up against the elements as well. It's the same way with the cold.

1 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Blogger Adam said...

you're a beast, chadwick. a beast.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home