Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Heels Wreck Tech

Sean May Just got back from watching No. 3 North Carolina dismantle No. 8 Georgia Tech 91-69 at the Dean Dome in Chapel Hill with my pals Corey, Ken and Ralph. Poor Corey....he drove four hours from Charleston, S.C. to watch his beloved Yellow Jackets take on my beloved Tar Heels. He's driving back as I write this. I wish the game could have been better (and closer) for his sake.

Granted Georgia Tech was without one of their top players in guard B.J. Elder, but a 22-point drubbing of the eight-ranked team in the country is impressive nonetheless. I'm no college basketball pundit, but I do like what I've seen from the Tar Heels so far this season. Several prognosticators have picked Carolina to win the national championship come tournament time in March, but it's only January and there's still lots of hoops left to be played. I expect the Tar Heels to face a stiffer test this Saturday when they visit No. 4 Wake Forest.

1 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Blogger Chris Knight said...

UNC won against Georgia Tech?

Wait a second...

UNC is winning again??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home