Saturday, January 01, 2005

Off and Running

Happy New Year, and welcome to my blog. I've been toying with the idea of blogging and giving myself a presence on the web for several months, and a post on my friend Adam's blog from Dec. 1 inspired me start my own blog in 2005. I'm not sure what shape this thing will take, but I'm sure it will be a work in progress filled with random musings.

Well, the first thing I did on the first day of the New Year was go for a 12-mile run. One of my goals for 2005 is to run my first marathon. I've completed a couple half-marathons and figured it's time to raise the bar. I've registered and have been training for the Country Music Marathon on Saturday, April 30 in Nashville, Tenn., where my goal is simply to finish the race without walking or stopping. But after today's 12-miler, reality is starting to set in that 26.2 miles is a looooong way to run!

5 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Blogger Chris Knight said...

Chad is like Rocky: "gonna fly now!!!" And he looks *buff* too. You can do this bro :-)

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Adam said...

congrats on the blog, chad. i'll e-mail you soon w/ tips/answers to your q's.

hey, good luck on the marathon. i still remember when you were training for your first 1/2!!

peace and coffee, baby blogger...

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Chris Knight said...

Chad, do another post!!! We wanna peer further into the wondrous mind that is Chad Austin :-)

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger No BS said...

Hey Chad, Interesting stuff my friend. Check out my blogs at www.johnnybombo.blogspot.com Let me know what you think! Good luck in cyberspace- No BS

 
At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

chad where's the blog'sssssssssssss
did u run th erace ? did u finish?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home