Saturday, January 05, 2008

Five on the Fifth

Posted my first run of the New Year this morning with a 5.61 mile effort at the American Tobacco Trail....five leisurely miles on the fifth of January. It seems like forever since I had been on a run, but in reality it's only been two weeks. Still, that's the longest period of time of taken off in a while that wasn't because of an injury. I had a harder time than usual training through the holidays this year. Perhaps it's because I didn't have a January marathon staring me in the face like I've had the past two years. I think the rest was beneficial, however, and it sure felt good to get my legs back under me.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Blogger Brantley said...

That was a tough run but you were right, it was good to start running again.

 
At 9:49 AM, Anonymous home exchange said...

Yep, definitely feels good to gt back in the saddle after a little holiday... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home