Wednesday, August 22, 2007

It's Still Greek to Me

After a semester hiatus, I'm back in the classroom at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, where I'm taking Intro to Biblical Greek this semester. Actually, I'm retaking Intro to Biblical Greek this semester. I took this same class with the same professor on the same night of the week at the same time slot a year ago, and struggled through it. I figured I needed a refresher before jumping into the second semester of Greek, so I decided to audit the intro class this semester.

Although I was fascinated by the Greek language and had an excellent professor in Dr. David Black, I struggled to grasp some of the nuances of the language in my first attempt at Greek and consequently felt like I was treading water just to stay afloat in the class. By God's grace, however, I'm determining to work diligently and master the concepts this go round so I can use all kinds of impressive jargon in talking about Greek words like aorist passive imperative.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home