Friday, June 15, 2007

Back-to-Back, Back-to-Back

As much as I enjoy participating in various road races, I've reached a point in my running life where I'm looking for quirky races or something interesting to add some spice to my experiences. Like New Year's Day when I ran two races in one day, just a few hours apart. Well, over the past few days, I've created another running stunt that I'm calling "Back-to-Back, Back-to-Back." That means running races on back-to-back days on back-to-back weekends. Here's how it came about.

I had already planned on running in the inaugural St. Francis of Assisi Run for Peace this Saturday in Raleigh. I had also planned on running the Law Enforcement Torch Run next Saturday morning in Selma. But while perusing various running calendars for additional races this summer, I came across two Friday night 5Ks this weekend and next. Then I got to thinking.....why not just do them all?

So my plan is to drive to Denton, N.C., tonight to participate in the Tour de Kale 5K, drive back to Raleigh and run in the St. Francis of Assisi 5K tomorrow morning. Then next weekend, drive to China Grove after work next Friday to run in the China Grove 5K Main Street Challenge, then drive back and run in the Law Enforcement Torch Run 5K next Saturday morning in Selma.

That's a lot of driving just to run and pull off this crazy stunt, but it will certainly make for a memorable experience.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home