Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Chicago Hope

With the Chicago Marathon one week away, I decided to start the final week of preparations on Sunday by squeezing in one last speed workout at the Second Empire 5K Classic in downtown Raleigh. The course for the Second Empire 5K is advertised as one of the fastest in the Triangle, and it certainly lived up to its billing on Sunday. I set a new personal best in the 5K with a time of 21 minutes, 3 seconds in the Second Empire 5K.

I hope my results in the Second Empire 5K bodes well for the Chicago Marathon. Prior to my last marathon in June, I ran a personal best in a 5K race the weekend before, and then went on to PR in the Sunburst Marathon the following weekend. Hopefully the flat, fast course in Chicago will help me take a few more minutes off my marathon PR of 3 hours, 54 minutes.

1 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Blogger Adam said...

awesome, bro! do well... run, forest, run!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home