Saturday, December 30, 2006

2006: The Year in Running

Completing my first marathon (and going on to run two more), setting a handful of personal bests, finishing races with both my parents and achieving my goal to log at least 1,000 total miles were among the highlights that made 2006 my most memorable and productive running year to date.

I confess to being a bit of a numbers and stats geek, so I've put together a brief "By the Numbers" summary of my 2006 running below.
  • 1,209: Total miles run in 2006.
  • 1 week, 1 day, 12 hours, 54 minutes, 4 seconds: Cumulative time spent running in 2006.
  • 10:10: Average pace per mile in 2006.
  • 10: Total races completed in 2006 (three marathons, three half marathons, two 5Ks, one 8K, one triathlon).
  • 4: Number of personal best race times set in 2006 (Country Music Marathon; Run the Quay 5K; Gallop and Gorge 8K; Victory Junction Half Marathon)
Honestly, I don't know how 2007 can top this year, but I already have plans to get the New Year off to an early running start. And I do mean early. Check back Jan. 1 for a summary.

2 Comments:

At 12:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the immortal words of Jennie... "Run Forrest Ruuuuunnnn!" ... You go Chad.

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Adam said...

chad... you're a wild man!!! happy new year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home