Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Photos from Phoenix

Here are some photos from my weekend trip to Phoenix for the P.F. Chang's Rock 'n' Roll Arizona Marathon, starting with a desert cactus.

Chase Field, home of Major League Baseball's Arizona Diamondbacks, located directly across the street from the Phoenix Convention Center, where I had to pick up my race number and packet before the race.

A Mountain. Literally, "A" Mountain on the campus of Arizona State University in Tempe.

A familiar face in the desert. It's Herb Sendek, former North Carolina State University men's basketball coach who is in his first season coaching the Sun Devils.

Wait a minute, this is Phoenix, not Philly. But after the marathon I could yell, "Yo, Adrian! I did it!"

Didn't eat here, so I can't vouch for the restaurant's claim. The official name is Kid Chilleen's Bad Ass BBQ & Steakhouse, and it's located on exit 244 off of Interstate 17 in Arizona.

Self portrait with a cactus. I couldn't leave Arizona without getting a shot of me with a cactus. Unfortunatley, there was no one around to snap a photo, so I had to do it myself. I wanted to explore some other cacti in the area but feared there might be rattlesnakes in the brush. Couldn't risk a snake bite the day before the big race.

Check back later for another round of pictures from my day trip to Sedona, Ariz., to see some magnificent red rock formations.

1 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Blogger Adam said...

man... that first cactus looks just like a road sign!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home